Welcome to St. Ethelbert’s Catholic Primary School Early Years Department!
Mr Clinch – Class teacher
Miss Redford – Teaching assistant
Miss Rees – Class teacher and EYFS Lead
Miss Gill – Teaching assistant
Mrs Silsbury – Teaching assistant
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage 2021 Curriculum:
Our EYFS vision:
Our school mission is to be a school with ‘high expectations for all, in the light of Christ’, and this begins in our Early Years. Children will make good or outstanding progress from their individual starting points and will feel safe and nurtured.
It is important for our children to be happy, independent and confident learners and have the ability to take risks in a fun and engaging environment. We have highly trained staff who all know the pupils very well and so are able to engage in purposeful play alongside the children, as well as move their learning forward and support each individual need.
Our learning environments enable children to access a range of resources independently and foster a love of reading, writing and maths. We want the children to explore the world around them in an environment in which they feel safe and secure and where they can thrive as independent learners.
Please click on the link below for Reception photo gallery
Welcome to St Ethelbert’s Nursery!
At St Ethelbert’s your child can enjoy quality educational learning through play. We offer 15 or 30 hour funding, depending on entitlement, starting the term after your child’s 3rd birthday.
We have the capacity for up to 16 children per session, giving our nursery a warm, family feel.
Our sessions run from 9-12 or 12-3, although we also have children whose parents choose to take their hours in full days, for example, all day Monday and Wednesday plus another morning session. We have a flexible approach and additional sessions can be paid for. At present our rate for additional sessions is £5.05 per hour (£15.15 per session). We open school hours, term time only.
The nursery is managed by highly experienced and qualified staff, consisting of a qualified teacher and qualified nursery practitioners. Your child will be supported by all the staff and will be taught within small groups, whilst taking account of their personal interests. We have a child-led approach to teaching and learning, allowing us to plan for fun and creative learning opportunities.
Your child’s achievements will be recorded on DoJo (an online communication system), which parents can access and contribute to. Communication can be in person or via DoJo and through termly parent consultations. You are also welcome to arrange meetings at other times, should you require.
- Our new nursery premises is large and self-contained and has access to our secure garden, allowing for free-flow.
- We have good staff child ratios, allowing for 1:1, small group and whole group learning opportunities.
- We organise trips and community activities including a visit to local bookshop to choose a book for World Book Day, visiting the local library, visiting wildlife parks with Reception class and an annual beach trip at the end of the academic year.
- Twice weekly P.E. sessions with St Ethelbert’s School’s P.E. specialist.
- Access to the school hall, adventure playground and nature garden.
- As part of the St Ethelbert’s community we participate in school events such as Early Years annual nativity performance, Christmas fair, World Book Day, Around the World day and other events such as celebration assemblies and charity events.
- We enable a smooth transition into St Ethelbert’s reception class via regular visits from St Ethelbert’s Early Years team, pre-arranged playtimes with reception class and yearly Nativity production with reception class. Once schools have been allocated we support visits to the reception class within the school.
If you would like further information, or to visit our nursery, please call the school office to arrange a convenient time and date.
We look forward to meeting you